Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Sexual Health - Men Question

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile

When I have anal sex or any kind of sexual activity that involves anal insertions I usually have to stop because I get a strong feeling of needing to urinate and an unpleasant slightly stinging pain which lingers for between half an hour and a few hours afterwards. When I use Google to look this up it brings up prostatitis, but that doesn't seem likely as the issue never lasts more than 12 hours, and happens during protected sex, or with toys too. It doesn't happen every single time, but I would say maybe 75% or 80% of the time it does happen.

It really gets in the way of me being able to enjoy my sex life.

I spoke to a doctor about it but I was so embarrassed talking about it that I said no to an anal examination. He gave me a prescription for haemorrhoid cream. I don't think it is that though... I'm not sure!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2017
Sexual Health - Men Answer A61980
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Anal coitus manipulates prostate and can lead to urine urgency, so its possible you could be having prostatitis, consult a urologist, let them run a baseline work up to find out and treat you accordingly. good coital and toilet habits will help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.