Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

sex with herpes ?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Alrighty...I just learned that the man I've recently fell in love with has herpes, we both got checked and examined, my visual exam came back negative, however his did not. I have to wait almost 2 weeks to find out my status from a blood test.. I have prepared myself for the almost certain possibility that I also have herpes. As we did sleep together unprotected right before his primary outbreak, when it was the strongest to contract. I have had every medical explanation from a doctor, but its the sexual questions that I have. What should we do until my results come back ? I don't have any signs of it, but he does. He has just started taking medications and it is supposed to be cleared up within a few days, after that what should we do about having sex. I mean I know we should use a condom atleast until we find out if I have or or not right ? I feel reallllllllll freakin confused right about now, somebody help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You can have no obvious signs and symptoms of herpes infection, but, you can have contracted the infection already.
Avoid sexual activities when you have sores on your genitals, or when you feel a herpes outbreak coming on.
Antiviral daily suppressive therapy, that reduces the amount of virus someone shed, can be 50% effective in preventing transmission.
Using condom will increased this efficacy.
Try to boost your immune system.
|

replied October 18th, 2008
Herpes is not some killer virus like HIV.
Herpes is just so common in this world. In US, up to 90% of the adults have herpes.
One bad thing about having herpes is that it increase the transmission rate of HIV and std when you have the symptoms. Avoid sexual activities when sores are present on genital.
Having a strong immune systems will reduce the outbreaks.
|

replied March 1st, 2010
Herpes
My question remains, How could I have had unprotected for such a long time with this person and not have gotten herpes. Is it possible she has been having an affair? Sex has completly stopped between us noe.
|