Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

sex the first time

I am 22 and I've been in this relationship for 3 years now, but I am still a virgin - we both are. I have now started to think about having sex and I must admit - I am quite scared. I come from a very conventional family and of course they would be terrified if they knew that I have decided to make love before marriage. Actually I always had this strict idea in my mind that I will not have sex before marriage but now I have started to feel like I am ready to do this and I want to give myself to this man. There are times when I think what will happen if we break up after I loose my virginity and stuff like that but either way...I would like this man to be my first [and hopefully my last] one.

So, I would really like to know more about what am I suppossed to expect after my first time? Is it the right time for me or should I wait more? [plz don't say U KNOW IT BETTER WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME...because I am looking for an objective point of view here].

Thank youu

I have one more question though. I don't have so much informations about protection and stuff like that. I mean, I know that you have to use condom but I have no idea what pills or what other stuff can a girl use in order to be protected???

I have prepared myself even for the break-up but I am more afraid of the pregnancy[unwanted]. I need to know that I can make sure that I do not get pregnant if I play the right moves meaning if I take pills and he uses condom...etc.

Can you please help me with that?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 29th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Holula, You taking the pill and him using a condom are very wise and safe.

If there is a chance that you might regret this later, don't do it.

Take care.
Did you find this post helpful?