Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Sex and cervical cancer ?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
i had been told that if i had sex once every two months i can cervical cancer. they told me that the force and pressure can cause something to happen then bam i got it. i haven't been able to ask a doctor about it so im asking everyone. i havent had sex im 3 years is there any special way for me to start out to get back on my sex game. HOW CAN YOU GET CERVICAL CANCER?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Frequency of sex isn't a factor in getting cancer outside of the risk of contracting HPV or other viruses that increase your risk. All cancers are the offspring of your hereditary tendency towards specific cancers and the carcinogens/radiation your body absorbs.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Gemini2010 and welcome to ehealth: Having sex has nothing to do with cervical cancer...In fact having sex is great for you...If you don't than masturbate to keep yourself juicy and ready for it when you want to let it all hang out...

About what causes it...They really don't know...However, I have heard sexual diseases are at the top of the list...If you are too active sexually with many partners and without protection you are leaving the door wide open...

If you haven't had it in three years, then start out slow...Awaken this special part of yourself and be happy...Lubricate well and take it easy during entry....Honey, enjoy....It is one of the neatest things about life....I send you my best wishes...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: Gemini2010