Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

sex after 1 week of abortion without contraceptives

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
User Profile
Hi everyone,
I had an unprotected sex today after 1 week of abortion. I had an abortion on 20th April 2012 and I had a sex on 28th April 2012 with ejaculation inside my vagina. I am really worried now. Can I get pregnant because of this? Is there risk of infection? I am thinking of taking morning after pills now. Is morning after pills safe and effective for me to take after 1 week of abortion?
Please Reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile suholw
|

replied April 30th, 2012
First off, did you do the surgical or medical abortion?
If you did the surgical type, then yes you could get pregnant.
If you did the medical abortion then until the pregnancy has ended you cannot get pregnant. So, unless you have had an ultrasound to confirm that you don't know.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
I would also like to add that they recommend to wait at least 2 weeks to have sex bc you don't wanna get an infection. If the cervix is still open and releasing tissue from medical abortion you could very easily get an infection. I don't wanna preach to you believe me!
But from someone who just went thru this myself, there is a reason you got the abortion in the first place so if you don't wanna be pregnant, then you should practice safely so it doesn't happen again. Just saying sweetie.
|

replied May 12th, 2012
pregnancy test while on pills?
i had an abortion one mone ago, the bleeding stopped after 3weeks, i was fine. i had protected sex more than 2wks after the abortion, i also abstain until i get rid o the blood. i took PT one month after medical abortion and its negative, 2 days after had unprotected sex. i was worried so i started taking marvelon.. i am expecting for my regular period to come. though i should expect my regular period 4wks to 8wks after abortion. Should i be worried? can i take PT while on pills?
|

replied August 16th, 2012
A week after abortion with protected sex
I just had my abortion via vacuum on 7th of August, 2012 and had sex a week later on 14th of August 2012 with Postinor 2. We had sex in the afternoon so I took the pills within 6 hours and another pill 12 hours later. Besides that, I've stopped bleeding as well after having sex. Will I get pregnant even with protection? I would like reliable answers. Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2012
If he ejaculates in you, the possibility of getting pregnant outweighs the chances of not conceiving. If that makes sense.

Yes your risk factor sky rockets. And you can get pregnant as early as 2 weeks after an abortion
|

replied June 5th, 2013
I had sex 5 days after a medical abortion and he finished in me (very stupid I understand so no reminders please)
2days later I have started bleeding, is this a big possibility I am not pregnant and is the morning after pill still effective in this situation after 2days?
Please help!
|