Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Sex after inguinal hernia surgery

I had left inguinal hernia surgery several years back and before the surgery i was able to stay "up" so to speak after i "released" for lack of a better word during intercourse and now i stay "up" and firm until my first "release" then after that i soften up and shrink only after like a 10 min break can i get back "up" and raedy for any type of activity anyone know whats going on? I can only think the surgery had something to do with this?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question on Ehealthforum. This is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor.

What you describe sounds fairly normal to me. I do not think that there is anything "going on" and surgery has done nothing except fixed your hernia.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.