Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Sex After Endo Laparoscopy

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I just had a laparoscopy done for endometriosis last wednesday. Before that, my doctor kept telling me that Id only have to wait a week to have sex or go back to usual activities like that. Then after the surgery she said two weeks with nothing in the vagina. Well, last night (technically, about 5am this morning) for some reason I still kept thinking it was one week and my bf and I ended up having sex (he just got back from kansas 10 days ago, so sexual tension was really really high). And I remembered a little while afterwards that i was supposed to wait 2 weeks, not one.
I feel really stupid for getting mixed up.
Basically, should I have reason to worry?
Will my doctor have reason to be mad? Will this screw anything up regarding recovery?
Yeah, I know now I shouldnt have done it. So please dont be like other people and say "well if she told you not to then whyd you do it?". I deleted this question from another site because people were being jerks.
Thank you to anyone who responds.
~
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kimlaws
|
Users who thank kimlaws for this post: chinaalisha 

replied August 30th, 2009
Congratulations on feeling well enough to have sex Smile

I have had three laproscopic surgeries and been told different time frames with each one, ranging from two weeks to four weeks to six weeks. I'm not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination but I assume that as long as it was not painful, did not result in bleeding or pain that it was okay.

Please don't feel guilty. I find that we, as women, are made to feel guilty about waaay too many things at it is - don't add this to the ever groing list Smile

Good luck and best wishes
Sk
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
I doubt very much that you have done any damage ! Take it easy though because your scar although small will still be a little delicate and you don't want that opening up. Don't beat yourself up about having sex though ! I have no idea why Doctors put time limits on these things - is it to test us to see how long we can keep our hands off our partners ?! Chill out my friend Smile
|

replied November 16th, 2009
sex after laparoscopy
I had a laparoscopy surgery for endo two weeks ago and my doctor said it was fine after a week as long as I was up to it. Well, I feel fine from the surgery but was not able to have sex after 2 weeks because it was too painful. My insides are still inflamed, has anyone else had this problem?
|

replied September 27th, 2010
I had an endo laparoscopy 5 days ago and had sex yesterday and I'm hurting now and bleeding only a bit more than normal but my ob did not give me any sort of time limit or anything. I'm a little worried. :/ should I be?
|

replied October 4th, 2010
I had a laparoscopy in may. i had sex after about 2 weeks... it was painful but not as bad as the endo had made it in the first place. i think u will be fine. like they said, if u feel up to it. although i have a question for ya'll... have the surgeries changed ur periods?? mine is sooooo crazy. still.
|

replied March 21st, 2011
Sex after Endo Laproscapy
I wouldn't worry too much. I've had three of these surgeries for Endometriosis and my doctor says "when you feel up to it". My significant other and I have the same issue with waiting it out and over the years we've discovered that sometimes "an old fashion" (to quote South Park) is helpful in these situations.

Congrats on feeling so much better after a week!! This question was posted in 2009 and it's now 2011 so I'll give my advice to new comers who read this looking for some. My advice is if you are experiencing extra pain, bleeding or anything that concerns you to call your doctor. If you feel fine then I wouldn't worry too much.
|

replied October 16th, 2011
bleeding alot now after my laparoscopy only been 2 weeks
i had sex a week and half after my laparoscopy to seperate my uterus and bladder that joined together after my c-section 10yrs ago. A few days after i had very little bleeding more brown colored blood and now im bleeding BRIGHT RED blood and clotting:( im very nervous that i could have damaged any healing on the inside! plus the doc said to wait 2-6 weeks "( i completely forgot. Any info would be grea,t this was my 1st surgury and now im scared!!!
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
I suggest you give your doctor a call. She will tell you what to do, and will be able to put your mind at ease.

I'm currently three weeks post-op from my 4th laparoscopy. This one was to remove one ovary, tube and a mass. I am still very tender and swollen. I'll wait the recommended minimum six weeks - or longer, if needed. I did that with my prior surgeries, and healing went very well.

Be patient. There are other things you can do to express intimacy with your partner while resting that area to allow for complete healing.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
|

replied February 24th, 2012
A question
Hello I was reading your post and I just had surgery and they said I had so much scar tissue after my c section it made everything stuck together, and they said I may never be able to have anymore kids, I was wondering what you think?
|

replied November 6th, 2011
laporoscopy
i had a laporoscopy to remove cysts from my ovaries and to drain the blood from my belly because they found endomytriosis. i'm new at these things, so a bit scared cause doctor didn't tell me anything specific about further treatment... i have 3rd stage endo and my op was three weeks ago, now doc stopped my period by injecting some implant into my belly and i'm goona see him after a month. Could anyone who has the same problem share the info with me about usual treatment and precautions? i was told not to use tampons at least a month (even though i dont have period now :/) so i guess i cant have sex even longer? i have never tried forum before but would like to get some advices from people who have been through this
|

replied December 31st, 2011
Stage 3 Endometriosis
I had laporoscopy to remove endometriosis and cysts from my ovaries 4 days ago. I was also diagnosed with 3rd stage endometriosis. I don't know exactly how long will i have to wait to have sex (especially since we are trying to conceive), but i definitely know i'm not ready yet. I'm still sore and have vaginal bleeding (i spoke to my doctor about it, she said it's normal). A lot of times doctors may forget to discuss details about your condition, treatment, etc., i think it's because for them its so common sense, that they forget that general public doesn't know what they know, plus they are on a time crunch. So you should make it your responsibility to ask any questions, doesn't matter how silly it may sound. Write them down, if you need to, make an appointment just for that reason - its your heath we're talking about! I like to search the web before my appointment to get ready, i come across questions i wouldn't even dream to ask on my own. Before you get any procedure done, doesn't mater how small or big, ASK A LOT of questions. Think about it, do your research and then decide if it make sense for you. Doctors are only human and may also make mistakes. If a doctor gets annoyed and not willing to explain in detail or rush you in any way - find a new one. I would'n want some idiot handling my health, find someone you feel comfortable with and trust. Healthcare is a business (it may be unfortunate, but is definitely true) and you are a customer, so demand the care you deserve.
|

replied December 6th, 2011
Endo
I just had endo surgery 3 weeks ago to remove large mass which enveloped my ovary and tube. I feel better as far as the surgery goes...belly not tender anymore, only spotting...however since surgery have been feeling joint pain, back pain, neck pain, and headaches...Dr says it's not related, but I can't see how it can be anything else. I'm very healthy otherwise and haven't had these issues before...anyone else have similar symptoms?
Btw, I never heard of an implant to prevent...I'm curious to look into it now....maybe it is something new? Better?
|

replied April 14th, 2012
sex after op
Hi,

I've had an ovarian cyst op 3 weeks ago to remove a 4/5/5 cm cyst .I am feeling ok the op was quick I can't remember anything.No pain a lot of bleeding about 2-3 weeks.I will go for checks after 3 months.
I am also curios about when I can have sex.Doctor did not said anything about it and I forgot to ask....??
|

replied October 16th, 2013
I had surgery today and a friend came into town as planned and we knew we coudnt and did...OMG i feel horrible for going against Doc orders...I thank you all for your posts and know what to look for...i feel like i should call tomorrow and tell them I had sex...LOL...but I like what someone said about them trying to text us...LOL...BUT...I dont want to not tell and something go wrong...I feel like a wh#re for doing what came so naturally...LOL
|