Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Severed vein ?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
I was cutting fruit and I slipped with the knife and scratched my arm. There are no cuts and no blood but I noticed a pea sized bump under my skin. It's swollen and it Stings and there is quite a bit of redness. Could I have done something to my vein? Any ideas as to what I should do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Supporter
It sounds like swelling..Had you severed a vein you would bleed to death without assistance (if) assistance could get to you in time..

I would place ice on it for 10 minutes at a time to take swelling down..If you gava small cut it is possible for a little of ruit juics to have spilled over intot he cut from the blade..Hope you're feeling better now..I have my old standby if problem continues have your doctor check it out..
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply