Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

severe upper abdominal pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I had gall bladder surgery last June 3rd. Every single day since then, I have experienced extreme pain just below my sternum. It lasts about 3 or 4 minutes and then is gone. I also have the pain when I start to get hungry. I have an upper hiatal hernia and GERD, which may be part of the problem. When I asked him about it, he said, word for word, "Well, you'll figure it out." My gp said said I have gastritis and that I would just have to watch my diet, which doesn't help. When I went to yet another gp, I was told that it was gastritis, which was caused by taking ibuprofen. Can anyone help me? I'm desperate...
Did you find this post helpful?
|