Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Severe Tics- effective treatments or natural remedies?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
For the past several years, I have been experiencing severe tics/jerks in my head. They are accompanied by headaches, and a burning sensation in my brain. There's also a constant feeling of pressure on my brain. I struggle to hold my head straight, but when I do, it snaps back to the other side. The tics are very violent and noticeable. At first they started out very small, but have now become debilitating. I can barely walk down the street in a straight line, or cross the street safely. I have since had to drop out of school, and leave my job because of the severity of the tics. I can't drive, avoid socializing and don't leave the house unless I absolutely have to. I have seen several neurologist here in New York, some specializing in movement disorders, to no avail. I've started seeing a therapist to deal with the emotional side effects of this disorder, which include depression. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with any of these symptoms, or know of any effective treatments, natural remedies.
Did you find this post helpful?
|