Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

severe shocking lower left back/butt pain? Pulled muscle?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have been having severe shocking lower left back/butt pain for 4 days. The pain extends down the left leg but only as a throbbing ache. I have not injured it to my knowledge. I did reach to pick up something when I first felt the pain. I have trouble rising from sitting, if I dont walk slow I get a shock of pain that hurts so bad I gasp. It hurts when I do anything just about. I does not get better if I rest. It gets terribly worse if I stand for any length anf try to walk. I just am wondering if this is just a pulled muscle or if I should see a doctor. I dont want to go if it is something that will heal on its own. TIA
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
go to a doctor i dont know what you have injured but it souds fairly severe. A doctor may not be able to give you a firm diagnosis but he might be able to narrow it down a little.
|
Did you find this post helpful?