Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Severe right shoulder, arm and hand pain.

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Recently I had been getting a stiff neck, which is quite usual with me. I am an anxious person and it always seems to manifest itself in my neck and shoulders. About 2 weeks ago, I went to Chiropractor and had a deep tissue massage as my shoulder felt knotty. The next day I felt like I had been in a boxing match, but put that down to the deep tissue massage. The chiropractor and masseuse both said that my shoulder were like rock and the pain I was feeling was due to spasming muscles in my shoulder. After two days, the pain was like nothing I have ever felt before. No tablets, warmth, or cold would shift it. I called doctor at 4am because I was ready to jump off the nearest bridge, but he said there was nothing he could do. Went to doctor next day and he gave me diazapam. This didnt work either. I am taking co-codamol, ibuprofen and diazapam and feel like a zombie, but still the severe pain is there. The pain is in my shoulder blade, the top of my right shoulder, down my arm and into my hand. A lot of the time its the hand pain that is worst, it throbs really bad. I dont sleep for more than a couple of hours. I am at my wits end. I live alone and I am self employed so I have to work, which is computer based, so I guess that isnt helping. I cry a lot, but because i haven't got my arm in a sling, no-one seems bothered, they just say, 'just work through it'. My mental state is all over the place due to the constant pain, I just cant bear it anymore. Does anyone else have any similar problems or advice, I am desperate.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
Right there with ya
I so wish I could help you out right now because I know what you are going through except mine is the complete right side of my body. I have had numerous blood tests, x-rays and MRI's and none of the doctors can tell me anything. The pain is horrible at times and very depressing also. I do hope that you get to feeling better though. The only thing I can tell you is to find another doctor but trust me, after the 4th or 5th doctor saying they don't know what the problems is, makes the depression worse. It sucks I know but I hope you can find answers soon.
|

replied September 24th, 2011
You folks may have a magnesium deficiency. Try SloMag. available at walmart. I was having muscle spasms in my neck a few weeks ago and every internet search seemed to turn up magnesium deficiency so decided to try it before going to the doctor since I have no insurance. I was amazed the pain was completely gone in less than an hour, and I had been suffering with it for days. Some words of caution with magnesium: it is can have a laxative effect so take just one the first day to see how your body tolerates it.
|

You folks may have a magnesium deficiency. Try SloMag. available at walmart. I was having muscle spasms in my neck a few weeks ago and every internet search seemed to turn up magnesium deficiency so decided to try it before going to the doctor since I have no insurance. I was amazed. The pain was completely gone in less than an hour, and I had been suffering with it for days. Some words of caution with magnesium: it is can have a laxative effect so take just one the first day to see how your body tolerates it. And don't take it if you have kidney problems.
|

I wish that was true AntiNancy2
I wish that was true AntiNancy2. I have been tested for Magnesium, Potassium and B12 deficiency and all the levels were normal. I have had several test and all have been fine. It's going on 8 months of trying to figure out what the problems is.
|