Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

severe pain on the left side of my face.

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have severe pain on the left side of my face. I have TMJ but its never felt like this before. My jaw & teeth kill me i have tried to deal with this for a year by taking tyl. advil, asprin ect. sinus meds., muscle rub, sleeping pills, ect. just to get 2-3 hrs. of sleep a nigh for the last year, but the pain is almost blinding at times. it sends sharp pains up & down my face, to my ear & back into my neck. i cant go to the dentist around here b/c no one will take payments. so any thing would be helpful & im willing to try any thing to get rid of this pain. ive literally tried everything anyone around here knows: including but not limited to swishing alcohol, gas, kerosene, bleach, peroxide, witch hazel, whiskey, pepermint oil; garlic, onions, cheyanne peppers, extracts: vanilla, almond,ect thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2011
Skin Answer A25141
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Pain on the left side of the face of long duration and with high intensity of not being controlled by even pain killers is can be due to various reasons other than TMJ as Trimeginal Neuralgia(your symptoms could be suggestive of this)which is the most common cause of one sided facial pain and is due to nerve compression.
You require a proper examination and X ray which would help in the correct diagnosis.Since it is due to nerve compression home remedies are not effective.
Kindly consider visiting a Physician earliest so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.