Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Severe pain in vulvar region only during menstruation

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,
I am 36 year old, and mother of two children aged 12 and 6 years. For the past 1.5 years I am having severe pain in the vulvar region ONLY during my periods. Pain is quite severe during urination. I also feel like urinating frequently. Pain intensifies during the 2nd to the 4th day, and then comes down. My doctor initially treated me for possible infection (after ordering tests like R/E of urine and CRP) by giving T. Norflox for a week followed by drugs for 3 weeks. In the next period, pain was a bit reduced (only during urination). But during the further periods, pain came back fully. An ultrasound scan did during that period showed "left adnexal anechoic cystic lesion" of about 5 cm in size. My doctor is now suggesting a laparoscopic procedure to remove the cystic lesion. I am a bit concerned with the surgery. Kindly advise if this pain could be caused by the cystic lesion. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|