Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Severe pain in bones

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I don't know how I ended up here. I started noticing symptoms and decided to look it up on the internet. I have been suffering with severe pain in my bones. My bones ache so bad. It hurts so bad that sometimes I can't walk. At night It's the worst to where I toss and turn. Other times the pain wakes me up in the middle of my sleep. The pain starts from my knees and then down both my legs. Just recently the pain has radiated to my right arm from my elbow down. Now my bones in my right arm are hurting. A couple weeks ago I noticed I had this odd pain under my left arm when I woke up one morning. When I touched under my armpit I noticed a huge lump. It was pretty big, but went away after a few days. But why I am so concerned is I have had other symptoms. For instance- I have noticed I have been bruising really easily, I have been losing weight and have had loss of appetite. I don't ever feel like eating, I have also had bleeding out of my rectum, I feel so tired all the time and very weak, I noticed that I have been having balance problems. Like when I walk I feel like I swearve a lot like I can't walk straight. Sometimes when I try to stand still I feel like I am swaying. I get so dizzy sometimes when I am walking I feel like I am walking straight and then I notice I have swearved so bad and then feel like I could fall over. Sometimes I can't get out of bed cause I am so dizzy and tired. Lately I also notice that my vision is really blurry. I can't see things in detail escpecially at night. I did notice I run slight fevers that come and go. But the nausea is a big problem too. I also have abdominal pain at times. Now, I am wondering could it be Leukemia or Hodgkins or Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Do my symptoms seem like I need to seek medical attention as soon as possible? I would love to hear from anyone cause I feel like I am going crazy. Also I have a few medical conditions already that might have to do with some of my symptoms and that is why I would love to hear from anyone. Escpecially a doctor thank you.

This morning I woke up with painful lymph nodes under my jaw on both sides. They weren't swollen or anything they just hurt really bad and I didn't get to eat much. I have had a horrible headache all day. I sure hope someone replies to my post. People are reading, but no one seems to be responding. Someone please take the step I need advice. I am a single mother to a 3 year old. Simple things like giving him his bath is exhausting me. I'm having a hard time driving and going places. My health has really taken a turn for the worse. With no insurance I have no idea what to do. When should I go to the emergency room? I hate going cause I don't want them to laugh at me or not take my condition serious. But hopefully something changes soon.

Ok I really feel like I am losing it. What the heck is happening to me. I just felt a round little hard swollen lymph node behind my ear. I thought it was a pimple at first, but after really looking at it I realized it's a lymph node. How can all these lymph nodes get swollen out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure I have no cold or infection. I've never had a problem with lymph nodes in my life. I have never even noticed them or known what they were or were they were located until now. I give up who knows what's wrong with me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2009
Unfortunately, it is not possible to offer specific diagnoses over the internet. That being said, the symptoms that you list are concerning for the possibility of lymphoma or leukemia (and, less likely, certain viral infections).

If you have no other access to healthcare other than the emergency room, then it would be prudent for you to be seen there as soon as possible.

I do hope that you will be able to obtain a prompt evaluation for these worrisome symptoms, as well as any care that your condition might require.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

http://oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
I had this bad feeling it's serious, but I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks for your reply doctor. I'm gonna see where I can go to get help. No one is really taking my symptoms serious, but I know something isn't right. I don't want to go to the emergency room cause I feel like they wont take me serious either. I want to avoid it for as long as possible. I know what the emergency room is all about. I have other medical conditions and I know how it can be. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.