Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

SEVERE PAIN IN BACK OF HEAD AND EAR PAIN

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Has anyone had pain in back of head with a sinus infection? i am waiting 4 the results of a ct scan. i also get ear pain too.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SAMSAM72
|

replied July 13th, 2009
Yes, Even I am suffering with same pain.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
re pain at back of head and ear pain
hi i have had this severe pain in the back of my head and ear since having an acute sinus infection 5 months ago, i had the results from my ct scan and it showed nothing. I went to a&e on saturday and the doctor looked in my ear which is causing the pain and said that i had a severe inner ear infection that was causing the pains at the back of my head. i didnt realise you got pains at the back of your head with a ear infection? please let me know your symtoms and how long you have had this. sam
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
In January of 2007 I developed headaches in the back of my head and it felt like a claw going towards the front of my head. Finally, after going to a nuerologist, pain management, two mri's and finding my own nuerosurgeon I finanlly found about 75%-80% pain relief from the headaches. The diagnosis was a degenerative disc between the 5th and 6th cervical vertabrae. I'm not saying you will have to go through what I had to go through to find your answer, and hope you don't, but don't give up if the first answer doesn't work for you. I've had nerve blocks-extremely painful behind the ears, nerves burned (radio frequency), all pain medication a Physician coul offer, and even an electric shock mechanism (sort of tens unit) placed in the back of my head. So don't give up if you can't find the cure you're satisfied with. I'm still looking for answers for the other 20-25% cure.
|

replied May 29th, 2013
It took me 10 years to find out what was causing severe
sinusitis that ruined my life for 10 years! I found that the back of my head would become ice cold and this would set off the sinus drainage! The drainage felt like hot chili draining into my sinuses, ears and throat and into my chest. I must keep my head warm and not drink ice cold drinks or have a fan on. I wear a warm cap or double cap if it is cold. I need to find out what is wrong with the back of my head. It appears to be some sort of infection.
|