Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Severe nausea during period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Since I have started my periods, I always have sever nausea the night before and then for the whole time my period lasts, it gets a lot worse at night, my periods last between 12-14 days, due to the nausea, I don't have much of an appetite during this time, i also get a very bad stomach, cramps and an upset bowel, it makes me feel very weak, shaky and drained, my doctor says there's nothing wrong with me, he hasn't even ran any tests. Is there anything I can do?? Any idea whats wrong with me, I can't take it :( I'm only 20.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A10264
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

Some women may experience nausea of varying degree and severity along with back ache, sore stomach during periods. Usually, periods last between 4-7 days. It is not common to have very severe nausea and bleeding up to 14 days. But, some women may have very short or long cycles of menstruation with variable duration of bleeding. It is definitely advisable to have a complete gynecological examination to exclude any pathology as you seem to be having a very prolonged period with very severe nausea.

Hormonal assays are also advised. Please speak to your doctor and gynecologist for the opinion and examination. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.