Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

severe itching - reacuring watery blisters & more severe itc

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
For the past five years, I have experience severe itching on my left foot only, due to reacuring watery blisters after scratching the particular area due to constant itching. This occurs inbetween the toes and the upper bottom portion of my foot. The big toe gets scaly and rough as well as in between the toes espeically during the summer months. Most often I bleed in any area where I scratched or broken open the watery bubbles whether the area of the skin is thin or thick due to callouses.

A couple of years ago I went to see a Doctor, he told me I was allergic to leather dies used on leather shoes. He prescribed 2 oitiments: 1) Betamethasone Valerate ointment USP, 0.1% of which I was to apply to (my left foot only) wrapped up in plastic around the clock for two weeks. Changing it 3 times a day morning, mid-day and at night before going to bed.

I finally got some relief, however it lasted for four months at a time. And it would start over again. The doctor also gave me a 2) ointment called Urie...to soften my callousus. My callouses were not so bad to begin with. I take good care of my feet, and people tell all the time my feet look like that of a 20 year old.

Since this did not work, I have tried soaking my foot in, hymalayan crystal salts and vinegar, iodine, vitamine c, echinaca, and various application of creams including aloe vera. I also did an experiment and stopped wearing all leather shoes. However the problems still persists. I am desperate now, any suggestions? I will be eternally grateful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2010
this happened to me 3 yrs ago. and it was really bad...the blisters was very, very itchy that i couldn't stop scratching it.. then skin would peel out..it was nasty and annoying.. i tried using different kinds of anti fungal and cortisones creams and ointments but nothing happened!! until i soaked my feet with vinegar and warm water...the concentration is like 75% vinegar and 25% water..i did it every 3 days and would soak my feet atleast 25 mins for 2 weeks....maybe you can do it everyday and healing would be faster.It was completely gone in 2 weeks. Thank God it never came back again. i hope this will work with you.Goodluck..
|

replied August 24th, 2010
it sounds like athletes foot. you need a prescription from your doctor. but try the vinegar/water solution first.
|

replied October 13th, 2010
yes, it is a condition your Dr. will need to treat.
the use of a very strong anti-fungal cream will do the trick. Now. once your feet heal, keep your feet moisturized, if your feet get dry and crack it will re-occur. Trust me I know what I'm talking about.
Ps. Do not walk bare foot, this seams to help. and if
going out to a public place, were water shoes or flip flops. I hope this helps. Linda Surprised) bigfatkat...
|

replied October 6th, 2012
Itchy, blistery feet
I have that - exactly what you have described (top of toes, in between toes, sides & back of heel/ankle, sides of arch, bottom of foot towards the top & arch--- it's horrible. The itchiness is intense and once you start scratching, little bumps come up and some burst with watery substance. I had a large blister appear on bottom of my arch yesterday, and then suddenly a whole patch of blisters appeared. The itchiness is intense, making you scratch until you bleed, and then suddenly after 10 minutes it stops. A nutritionist at a health food store recently told me that this & other skin disorders are a result of a worldwide "candida yeast overgrowth" pandemic. Strong creams made for vaginal yeast infections do clear it up (the 3-day creams), but he said what's best is to get our candida levels in our digestive tract under control, because this is the real ground zero, and it's causing other systemic problems like fatigue,brain fog, muscle pains, depression, etc. Basically it's preventing nutrition to get from our food & supplements through to our bodies because the candida yeast is coating our digestive tract like paint. It's from our GMO food, pesticides, etc. and bad municipal water with harmful fluoride/chlorine/metals/trace pharmaceuticals, etc. in it. A product called "Candida Freedom" can really help. God bless ya'll!
|

replied May 19th, 2013
Probably not athlete's foot, but Pompholyx
I've been looking at this for a little while because I have the same thing going on. I assumed for the last several years that it was Athlete's foot, though the creams never really worked. I think that it is actually a skin disorder called Pompholyx. Research it a bit. It might be your problem too! I'm calling my doctor on Monday!
|

replied May 26th, 2013
I get the same thing on my left foot goes away and comes back,, they just spread all over my foot, it is about June now, I got another itchy blister 2 days ago,, I popped the blister washed my foot, the I rubbed Tea Tree oil all over my foot, then I rubbed oregano oil (not esstential opregano oil) just oregano oil I bought at the health store. Like I said it has been 2 days not 1 single itch! I just hope this will work, if it comes back I will continue again with the washing and the oils.
|

replied June 6th, 2013
Ok, I am sorry I was not able to get back. But I forgot my password. Dont pop the blisters, Just wash your feet, then dry, and rub the tea tree oil and then over that ,, rub on the oregano oil(not essential oregano oil). I did get more blisters, But,, I just after I did the above,, the next day they disapeared, Just keep reapplying. My feet have been good for a week since.
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2013
I've.had this happening off and on for about 14 years now about 3-5 times a year. Just got two on top of my left big toe. I occasionally get the same thing on my knuckles or next to my fingernails, though those don't usually turn into big blisters. The itch is MADDENING!! I've learned NEVER to pop the blisters since that burns like crazy and have sort of learned to live wiith it, though would prefer to NOT hav with it at all
|

replied July 11th, 2013
I think that eliminating moisture maybe a factor like athletes foot. Using oil or oil based creams may disperse moisture bit like using wd40 to prevent rust; it disperses moisture. Just a hunch here.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2013
Dyshydrotic Eczema (aka pompholyx)Any Certain,Definative Cause?
I never had this problem until I started having circulation issues, after I had my son 11 years ago. If your going to have circulation problems, your left leg and foot r usually involved (something about where your femeral and illiac pass each other near left groin/legg area...certain its way more technical than I'm making it out to b). So my left foot is itchy, with raised watery filled bumps that I just wanna take a boar bristle brush 2 the itching's so bad! Dishidrotic Eczema is attributed 2 stress, more women have it than men, and there r more cases n the summer. Leads me 2 believe that when kids r home all day n summer, Mom's stress level sky-rockets, we're taking the kids outside to sporting events, etc. so we get exposed to more allergens...Wanted to ask people who have this if they smoke? Perhaps we have a common medication? Do u have animals that go n and out of the house? I'm eatin benydryl like tictacs! I gotta get 2 the bottom of this b4 I lose my flippin mind!
FYI: This over-the-counter medication, available at most department stores (get mine at wally world), will stop the itching in its early stages: Clear Rx, in a box, but actual med is inside inbox in a brown bottle with what looks like a fingernail polish brush. Coat the liquid on affected area(I usually just douse my whole left foot), or every time u get out of the shower, put it on. Its all I've found that helps even a little! Only costs about $5, usually takes about me 3 weeks or so to empty it. It will keep the ittch at bay, but if stop using, it comes back--week to few months in my case. Works w/ athletes foot 2. Yeah, I know people w/ both! Its totally worth it to cease the itch! Goodluck all!
|

replied September 5th, 2013
I suffered with this problem for over four years, I tried every oil, cream, solution, salve,soak and home remedy and prescription I could get my hands on. The itch was so severe I wanted to chop the top of my foot off! It was my left foot, and the ache was so intense it felt like it had been crushed. It lasted a few months the first year starting in January. The second year it began in December and lasted about three months, third year it was over six months, and then that last year it was nearly the whole year. I was at wits end and tried one last thing- I quit eating wheat/gluten. I was amazed that in two weeks time the sores were healed and the pain was gone. The itching took longer, but I was shocked that it made such a huge difference, where nothing else made such an impact. I've been gluten free for a year, when I accidentally ate some gluten, the itching, blisters and oozing returned. I ate wheat products 24/7. Many of them also included sugar, but to say I was addicted is an understatement. It ruled my diet. I believe I became toxic with years of eating this way, and that I still struggle with the muscle/joint pain, and believe I will have to give up sugar as well. But I recommend giving a real shot at giving up gluten- I didn't believe it could be something so simple, but it's changed my life!
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2013
Its difficult to say if a remedy is working because Dyshydrotic Eczema comes and goes so randomly, different remedies work for different people,and healing rates vary.

My advice: keep ur feet & hands clean and dry, use hypoallergenic lotion on them daily, especially after showers & hand washing. Use hypoallergenic everything. If u do have a breakout, use a teaspoon of SEA SALT per gallon of warmest water u can stand, soak feet/hands for 10-15 mins. Sea salt has amazing curative powers-cuts healinh for wounds, sore throats, aching tummies, and more) Its soothing & will speed up healing where scabs from scratching have formed. I'm gonna try the remedies everyone lists & let u know what happens...in case anyone's actually reading these! ...not that I'm expetly qualified or anything, my college minor was folklore, and I recognize a couple herbal remedies for skin rashes that I heard about n my Folklore & Medicine course, thanks for continuing suggestions for relief and cure. Many, many people suffer with this, and are too embarrassed to say anything. I wish they would. I mean, I know we're not curing cancer or anything, but the more people who say something, the more doctors recognize this and find an answer!
|

replied January 14th, 2014
I had this problem as well for almost a year and sometimes it comes back. I initially thought that it's due to a fungal infection and I took fungal tablets (lamisil) for almost a month but it didn't go away. I went to a doctor and I was told that it's a form of acute skin allergy and she gave me antihistamine pills but it didn't work well. I was able to meet someone who has this same kind of problem and her doctor gave her iterax 10 mg and decilone 500 mcg. Decilone should be taken before going to sleep for a week and iterax every morning for a week also. The itching and small blisters went away after a few days. I was told to discontinue decilone or decrease its usage after a week and continue with iterax for a few months. I'm thankful that I'm getting fine now and hopefully this will never happen again. I hope this helps anyone who has this problem.
|

replied April 15th, 2014
dyshidrotic ezema
im gonna chop my feet off and get a foot transplant!!!! this stuff is rediculous
|