Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Severe headache, neck pain, elevated white blood cell count

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I am 26 years old female & have been healthy until about 3 weeks ago. I started having pain in my lower back that radiated to my sides as the day progressed the pain moved up my spine into my neck... I started running a fever and had a major headache - fever of 103- went to ER - Dr. though I had spinal meningitis - he did a spinal tap that came back negative. My white blood cell count was slightly elevated Gave me a dose of IV antibiotics & pain meds and sent me home, said it was a viral infection. The following day I was in such sever pain, head ache & vomiting, I couldn't move my neck, I followed up with my PC he gave me two injections in my neck & said spinal taps could cause severe headaches. I ended up back at the ER two days later, same sever headache, they thought the spinal tap had caused leakage. Did a cat scan and said that was negative. Sent me home with more pain meds. Ended up a week later back in the ER vomiting - headache beyond anything I can describe, feels like a vise grip is squeezing my brain. They did an MRI - came back negative... however my white blood cell count is still elevated. I don't know what else to do. I do not want more pain medicine, it is only masking the problem... there is something serious going on... I have never been sick - never been on any medications... I was tested for Lyme's disease - that came back negative. Lying in the bed eases the pressure but doesn't take it away. I can't live on medication and drugged up I have a 3 year old. Any advise or suggestion? I am desperate. Thanks so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2012
Me too!
I'm having same symptoms did u find out anything?
I'm female 28 and been to several drs and am now exhausted and frustrated!
|

replied December 16th, 2012
Did you ever find out what was wrong? My niece is in the hospital with the same symptoms.
|

replied February 12th, 2013
try magnesium supplement
|