Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Severe headache in morning

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have been constantly waking up with a sever headache almost every morning, i wake up with them and they last ALL day no change in pain till about 7pm they tent to dissipate, aspirin and ibuprofen doesn't help a bit.

Its a throbbing pain above my eyes, in my temple and the back park of my head. and when i said above my eyesm, i meen like right on top of my eye ball

its pretty bad, and i dont know what the casue is. My girlfriend says i dont stop breathing in the night...i dont snore

i do wake up very sleepy, every day when i get 8-10 hours sleep..

i have noticed, if my pillow is up against the wall, i get them, if i sleep on my back i get them, or if i use more than 1 pillow i get them.

i normally sleep on my right side with one arm under my pillow..
but sometimes i wake up with a headache then too... so i dont know.

this has been going on for YEARS.
anyone hear anything like this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
According to the location of the pain and its other characteristic, seems like you are having a case of chronic tension headache.
Be careful with pain killers. Don't take them every day.
Since you have this headache for years, I guess you have been taking these meds very frequently.
It is very possible that the painkillers you may take regularly cause headaches similar to tension-type headaches, when you don't take them.
This is known as rebound, withdrawal, or medication headache, and its character is same as tension headache.

Visit a neurologist specialized in treating headaches!
|
Did you find this post helpful?