Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Severe headache during sleep

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Dear Sir,
I am 24 years old male.
The problem is: Sometimes, I experience severe pressure in my head(brain) during sleep( when i am in my dreams). I suddenly wake up and continue to experience it for quite a few seconds. During that time, I feel as if my head will burst out. I can think, but i cannot control myself during that time. It lasts for few seconds. Sometimes, it initiates as soon as it stops upto 4-5 times at a stretch. As soon as it ends, I will be normal as if nothing happened to me. It occurs to me during sleep only.
I have this problem for the last 4 years. This problem is not regular but occurs at irregular intervals (sometimes once a week, or twice a week, or once a month or once in 3 months).

Please suggest,
Waiting for you valuable suggestion,
Thanking you,

kumar,
india
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2010
Some people experience migraines when dreaming, especially if the events of the dream are stressful in some way. Waking up to a bad migraine can be scary if it has not happened to you, before. Try taking an OTC medication like Excedrin before going to bed. If this does not help to relieve your symptoms I suggest seeing your doctor for stronger migraine relief.
|
Did you find this post helpful?