Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Severe foot pain with bruising

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My name is Emily and I am very concerned about my husband. Within the past, about 3 weeks, he has started with pain in his feet. This pain has slowly started getting worse and worse. When the pain started to increase he developed swelling and now he has bruising on the bottoms of both his feet. The pain is so bad that it is difficult for him to walk, stand, press the gas pedal when driving, he even cringes when one of our kids accidently hits his foot because it is so tender to touch. I have never seen him like this; I have seen him go through some pretty painful things and not make a sound or a face but this is crippling him. We have tried soaking his feet in Epsom salt, new inserts for his shoes, Biofreeze, pain killers, we have even tried soaking brown paper bags in vinegar and wrapping his feet with it. Nothing is working and since nothing is working he isn't working. I am so worried about him, our insurance takes effect on August 1st so I can't do anything until then but I really need some help. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|