Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

several bumps with an external hemroids?

User Profile
im not sure if i have hemroids or not or if its normal to have several bumps with an external hemroids. i noticed that i have a around 5 bumps around my anus that are various sizes some are pea sized and are attached to the skin around my anus while others look just like small bumps. it burns a little after using the bathroom and after i wipe it has some blood on the toilet paper. the first time i saw the first bump it was pretty flat and it feels like they are flaps and look like they will fall off. the only pain i feel is after using the bathroom and i feel some discomfort throughout the day because it feel like my butt is wet all the time and when i go to clean it is sometimes red. can anyone help me determine if these are hemroids or not i\'m kind of afraid to go to see the doctor about it.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2013
Hemorrhoids Answer A41412
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Hemorrhoids are masses or clumps (cushions) of tissue within the anal canal that contain blood vessels and the surrounding, supporting tissue made up of muscle and elastic fibers. Although most people think hemorrhoids are abnormal, they are present in everyone. It is only when the hemorrhoidal cushions enlarge that hemorrhoids can cause problems and be considered abnormal or a disease.

Other possibilities could be formation of perianal hematoma, external hemarrhoid, anal ulcers, fistula,skin conditions etc. It requires a proper physical examination to comment regarding this so that accordingly treatment can be started with medication as antibiotics or antifungals. Kindly visit a Physician earliest for evaluation.Consider taking Sitz bath which might help in relieving the symptoms.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.