Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Sesame seed oil and hypertension

Must Read
High blood pressure is often called the "silent killer" and can cause a number of medical problems. But what is hypertension? And what types do doctors define?...
Hypertension can be caused by a number of underlying medical conditions. Which ones? Are you at risk of developing high blood pressure?...
High blood pressure often manifests no symptoms, but can seriously damage the body. So how can you tell if you're experiencing hypertension, or not? More here....
There are a lot of reports out now that sesame seed oil (cold pressed used for cooking) lowers blood pressure if you used in place of all other oils. After 45 days, it has shown that bp returns to normal. However, once the patient stops using the sesame seed oil, it can become elevated again. Sesame seed oil is used in ayurvedic (indian) medicine, and I stumbled upon it doing more research on natural methods of during it. I found a video on you tube by a nurse, and then I went to check more sources, it is almost miraculous all the things sesame seed oil can do. It is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, can work on teeth and gums, skin, diabetes and migraines and can unclog arteries (so they say). But this study reported in the Yale Journal of Biology said it did work. You can google sesame seed oil and hypertension and a lot comes up. I just wonder why no one has ever mentioned it before? I had bought the sesame seed oil in the grocery seed store that I used a lot when cooking asian food - so it was sporadic. It has no sodium in it, so I was using it because it has a strong toasted flavor. However, when I spoke to my health food store manager, he knew about the effects of the oil, and he recommended the cold pressed extra virgin sesame seed oil (it is light and does not have the strong odor like the dark oil). i had tried cooking with the dark oil, and it completely overpowered the food and I got a bad headache that night. it was just too strong. I had only been using a sprinkle or two here and there in my food previously. Tonight I started cooking with the light oil, and I couldn't even tasted. It will be very interesting to see if this works after 45 days!
Did you find this post helpful?
|