Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Serum creatinine

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
recently I notice my leg around ankle region swells sometme and i did blood test for RFT and urine for sugar and albumin.
Blood report shows that serum creatinine is 1.4mg/dl and urine is negative.
what do you suggest for me.Is this a sign of kidney problem
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017

Welcome to e health forum.

Although many forms of kidney disease do not produce symptoms until late in the course of the disease, there are six warning signs of kidney disease:

1. High blood pressure.

2. Blood and/or protein in the urine.

3. A creatinine and Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) blood test, outside the normal range. (BUN and creatinine are waste that build up in your blood when your kidney function is reduced).

4. A glomerular filtration rate (GFR) less than 60. GFR is a measure of kidney function.

5. More frequent urination, particularly at night; difficult or painful urination.

6. Puffiness around eyes, swelling of hands and feet.

Laboratory test results need to be assessed keeping in mind the complete clinical status of a patient.

Normal levels of creatinine in the blood are approximately 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dL) in adult males and 0.5 to 1.1 milligrams per deciliter in adult females.

In your case, since the readings are high, proper steps to detect chronic renal problems (due to long term hypertension, etc) need to be detected and treated to avoid progression and rapid deterioration.

Hence follow your doctors advice and seek proper care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.