Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

serious side pains

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Hey everyone--this morning after waking up my boyfriend got up out of bed and had a horrible pain in his side. I am going to take him to the doctor tomorrow but I am wondering if he has a kidney stone. It has been hurting him all day. He is a photographer and had to shoot a homecoming game for work and for all 3 games he had to sit down because it was hurting him so bad to stand up. He is 20. Can anybody tell me what they think it could be? Or what I should do for him right now for pain? It's not serious enough at the moment to take him to the emergency room but he is in really bad pain. Any help? Please? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Many things can trigger abdominal pain.
It's important to know which side was in pain and what was its character, where did the pain exactly began and how did it spread.
Pain due to kidney stone is extreme pain, which begins suddenly when a stone moves in the urinary tract and blocks the flow of urine. Typically, a person feels a sharp, cramping pain in the back and side in the area of the kidney or in the lower abdomen, and even in the groin and testicle.
Additional symptoms are always taken in consideration to make more accurate diagnosis.
If this pain is located under the left ribcage, felt at the left side and even spreading to the back, pancreatic function must be tested.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply