Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

septate hymen

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i have just found out the fact that i have a septate hyman, although it has not been diagnosed yet. i do have trouble removing tampons as it says online that i would. i do know that not all online information is exact, so should i go to a doctor and get it removed? if so, about how much would this operation cost?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You should visit your doctor about have the surgery as i can't find any information about how much it would cost.....your doctor will tell you if you need surgery or if it will break on it's own..(with sexual intercourse) Jenny
|
Users who thank J3nnyuk for this post: ryanna15 

replied January 26th, 2010
Hey I had a septate hymen but got it removed yesterday.
So let me see.

First I had to go to the doctors before I could see a gynecologist. That cost $20.

Next was the consultation with my gynecologist, this cost us $150 but because we have medicare we got $68 back.

Then the actual surgery came out as approximately $250, but because we have private health cover we didn't have to pay a thing.

So for me, the total was $102. If you don't have medicare or any health cover, you're looking at about $420.
|