Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Sense of foreboding-anxiety disorder?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
After having a nightmare last evening, I woke up with a general sense of doom and that I somehow knew my death was soon approaching. My heart wasn't racing, I wasn't sweating, I just had this sick feeling all through my mind and body that I "know" I'm going to die soon. The feeling stuck with me even as the dream went away. My mind knows this is irrational, but I am wondering if this is a symptom of an anxiety disorder?I have had panic attacks in the past and this definitely feels completely different. Thank for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
answer to dieng feeling...
dude Ive had my 1st of those in the 8th grade (not so bad) but now in 12th grade i just had 2 in the past 2 weeks its like i feel this emptiness and everything doesn't matter all of the sudden and i feel im about to die, very soon! and i wake up instantly at like 5:00am.... and look around and am all scared, and completly awake and alert.... but i figured out how to fix this! you just keep talking to god/jesus and repeat a calming phrase over and over like: (i am yours lord, you can help me. i am yours lord, you can save me....) and eventually you will calm down and sleep fine (if you dont know Jesus or havent found him yet, please go to a good local church around and talk to them, they will always help, and ask about Jesus.) but me im just entering/applied for a job my parents are poor and i have to make good grades and find a college and there is so much stress, not to mention i have mild outbreaks of panic attaks, (i think?) JUST BE CALM YOU NOT GOING TO DIE YOU JUST HAVE STRESS AND ARE HAVING A PANICATTACK JUST STRY TO RELAX AND REPEAT A SOOTHING PHRASE OVER AND OVER....
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
Have you heard of the Panic Away program?
|