Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Semen not in tip of condom

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
i had sex yesterday with condom, but when i released the semen was not collected in the tip of the condom as i expected. it was spread around my penis. the condom did not break, and i removed carefully. but what really worries me is the fact that the semen was not in the tip part of the condom

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2009
HIV and AIDS Answer A8257
Hi and welcome to the forum!

You like to know why the semen wasn't in the tip part of the condom after intercourse.

The condoms are protection not only from unwanted pregnancy, but from sexual transmitted diseases including HIV transmission. It is put on man's erect penis and physically blocks ejaculated semen from entering the body of a sexual partner. Its tip part is reservoir for the ejaculated semen. Sometimes when that tip part is pressed firmly before it is put on the penis a vacuum may be made and when the semen is ejaculated, the reservoir stays empty while the semen is spread around the penis.

Given the data that you provide, it isn't likely that you have any medical condition to worry about.

Please keep in mind that I provide with medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact you doctor if you like to have more information about your situation.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.