Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Self loathing

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
lo folks, I really need to get something off my chest although I'm not exactly sure what.

I'm 21, live in Amsterdam not rich not poor, in a way the perfect life for a stoner.
but for a few years now(about 6) there have been periods of absolute self loathing/crying for no reason/unable to sleep for day's/some other obviously stupid & useless stuff, these periods normally take the form in months followed by a few weeks of feeling fine, it's irrational and counter productive.

I have tried medication(for both depression and sleeplessness), which don't really have any effect.

my drinking buddies("friends" is a word too large)have no clue about any of this.
a year ago I had a girlfriend I trusted with this, only to discover that I have been played for 3 months.

there's absolutely nothing going on in my life, no school, no job, I used to volunteer for a while but the organisation said "thank you" and moved on.

what's the point of all this?
I find myself longing for a honest hug and something to do.
this situation has not changed for about a year now, even though I try to take the chances that seem to pop up, I'm far from being socially inept no horrendous scar's or layers of fat either.

I could use some advice on how to actually make use of the "cards" that you've been dealt.

thanks for the patience with this wall of tl;dr
Did you find this post helpful?
|