Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Self harming boardering on suicide

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Hi I'm a 17 year old girl from Perth WA. Since 2007(12 years old) I've been self harming. Im able to stop for awhile but for me thats like bottling it all up only to start again only worse then before. I've had help but that just made it worse I want to stop for my boyfriend, friends and family but I cant. Ive tried commiting suicide multiple times since starting but they've all failed. I have scars all up my wrists on my belly up my legs on my hips, Ive even carved words into my skin and shapes. I cant stand the sight of blood but the sight of what I do amazes and enchants me. Im determined to stop but its incredibly hard for me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mackwilson75
|

replied May 4th, 2012
I know people are going to say, or have said, just stop. They don't understand what it's like. The best thing to do is find something that distracts you. I doodle/make friendship bracelets. Im fidgety, so i need to do something with my hands a lot. I play music, so when I'm at home i play my guitar when i feel like I'm going to do something. I know people are also going to say talk to someone, but people who haven't done it will freak out and be like OH MY GOD. I have talked to my friends and it turns out they have done it too. They best people to talk to are people who have been in your shoes and who have quit.
|
Users who thank Cherylslittlesoldier for this post: BloodiedScars  BloodiedScars 

replied May 5th, 2012
Thank you soo much Smile i will take ur advice in findin something to distract myself wid. But to make things worse i've lost my best friend and all my other friends after tellin them soo im basically alone now excludin my supportive boyfriend. But once again thank you for your advice Smile Xx
|

replied May 8th, 2012
hi,
How could u say that u r alone?
in this life, if u feel everything with you.
If really you feel alone, go with books. Because in this life books are very closed friends of us i think.
|
Users who thank mackwilson75 for this post: BloodiedScars 
Tags: Suicide, belly, skin
Quick Reply