Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Seizures in sleep??

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
User Profile
I have always had a lot of trouble when it comes to sleep and night time. Ever since I was a small child I have been sleepwalking and talking, and when I got older I started to hallucinate upon waking in the night. They have caused many problems in the past from waking in the night and thinking my house was on fire, and so calling 999, to seeing corpses on my bedroom floor.
Anyway, recently I have been having these strange sensations. Every now and again I will regain conciousness in the night (thats the only way I can describe it as it doesnt feel like waking up) to this weird sensation of my body spasming. It feels like im having uncontrollable spasms and its usually in the top half of my body. They are not too violent and they usually only last for a few seconds after i become concious but i am always sitting up bolt straight in bed. I dont really wake up aching too much at all and other than the vague memories from the night I dont remember anything.
Last night it happened again, but this time it felt as though my brain was having a meltdown. There were a thousand thoughts whizzing throug my head and it felt like they too were bitty and spasming.I actually thought that my mind had snapped completely.. A few seconds later I was my self again.
I feel like i'm loosing my mind! Could someone please give me their opinions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2011
|
Did you find this post helpful?