Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Seizures and H1N1 vaccine

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
User Profile
My wife, after being seizure-free for a year-and-a-half, has now had 10 in 11 days. This all started 8 days after she received both the H1N1 vaccine and a pneumonia vaccine on the same day.

Is it possible that either of these shots, or the combination of both, could be the cause of her recent "flurry" of seizures?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2010
Experienced User
Neither pneumonia nor H1N1 are known for causing seizure activity.
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2010
CLARIFICATION: Are you saying that the DISEASES H1N1/pneumonia are not known for causing seizure activity (or lowering the threshold for having a seizure), or are you saying that the VACCINES for H1N1/pneumonia are not known for such? Very different situations; my wife had the VACCINES, not the DISEASES.
|

replied February 1st, 2010
Experienced User
vaccines
|

replied March 13th, 2010
I am 100% sure that h1n1 vaccine cause my 7 yrs. old son have 5 seizures in 5 weeks. no family history, no injury, this is new vaccine and health officials and other people are just affraid of making any statements.
|