Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Seizure in sleep ?

I have now had two sleep seizures just prior to waking up in the morning. I have no prior history with seizures although they did find an old scar on the right side of my brain from 16 years ago. I have not been driving as a precaution even though it happened during sleep. I am awaiting my 24 hour eeg results and hope that this is controllable. We have three young children and my husband travels a lot with work. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper neuronutcase
|

replied August 9th, 2009
I also suffer from nocturnal seizures. Mine are also from scar tissue on the right side of my brain, the temporal lobe. You don't mention what type of seizure, how severe they are. How do you feel when you wake up? are you confused, sensitive to light and noise, irritable or what? If you have any questions that I can help you with, different tests, medications etc.., feel free to ask. I hope your results are conclusive, cuz it's a PITA with the trial and error treatment for seizures.
|

replied August 9th, 2009
I forgot to say that I'm not a professional, just a regular joe who's been dealing w/seizures for over 30 yrs, and I've been through so much, I thought I might be able to help clear up anything for you.
|