Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Seeing stars or flashing dots????

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
here alot latley i been seein stars for a sec like they just come out the blue.

i been going threw anxiety for about three weeks now tho.

could this be one of the syntoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper falloutgirl09
|

replied August 12th, 2008
ive been exeriencing this too latlely, but docs keep assuring me its a panic disorder....i just dont know...
|

replied August 13th, 2008
is your vision changing ? perepherally?
|

replied August 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
See an opthalmologist. They are called "Floaters".
|

replied August 21st, 2008
^ thanks for giving the name, it has been annoying me for sometime now, I dont get them as often as i used to

I have the same problem and they are really annoying, sometimes
its shapes that move when i move my eyes and I can't seem to focus on
the image because it seems to move. Othertimes its dots spinning around and jumping, I only get them when I look at a white or a bright background.
Your brain seems to ignore it and you may notice it less
|

replied May 20th, 2009
help?
ive read up on "floaters" but i dont think its that i just get alot of stress through multiple things. I've seen like quite alot of flashing little dots around the edges of my eyes, when i try to look at them they just follow my eyes and when i calmed down they slowly faded.
I dont see why am getting these aswell am only 17.
I just wanted to know if its stress related, Same with headaches. Does anyone know?
|

replied April 20th, 2010
floaters
yea, me too have that problem.! suddenly theses flash dots appear and im becoming tired..! whats the problem? im 21.
|

replied April 20th, 2010
Experienced User
Anxiety causes a lot of weird symptoms. We FEEL TOO MUCH, but if you keep yourself busy and don't think about it then you won't worry. It's like being on a train, you hear the clicking and clanging and you wonder if the train will derail. Well you turn the thought into something else so you won't worry, so keep you body and your mind busy and tell yourself "I'm ok, I will not implode or explode".
|

replied November 25th, 2010
seeing white dots
I have had the same thing myself and it scares me; I have been under a ton of stress so not sure if thats why? Its not necessarily just day or night. just comes and goes..
|

replied November 26th, 2010
seeing stars
this just started for me too. just yesterday actually. i thought that maybe i had glitter in my contact at first and then i thought it had something to do with my eye ring but its neither of these. its hard to believe that its anxiety. but then agian it makes since too. i just pray that it will all end
|

replied March 1st, 2011
seeing stars
This is obviously anxiety related, because there are this many people with the same symptoms. I have the same thing happening, therefore, I just calm myself down. And floaters are common, and are impossible to get rid of; just ignore them.
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
Also, check any medications you are on. They could be a side effect!!
|

replied December 18th, 2011
I've been seeing white flashing dots in my peripheral vision when I'm waking up in the morning and my eyes are still closed. The first time I didn't think much about it but it's happened a few more times. They're not "floaters" because I know what those look like and this happens even before I look at anything in the morning.
|

replied December 19th, 2011
i have had the flashing dots and lines and they are not floaters. I have those too. THe flashing usually comes when im really panicked. Yes they are VERY scary..
|

replied July 8th, 2012
Flashing stars in your eyes
These can be caused by many things. Stress is a VERY ODD ACTING thing. Some medicines have this side effects. It is BEST TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR. Mine are resulting from MIGRAINE headaches.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2012
It's happened to me before. Never figured out why but everytime it happens I tend to be dehydrated plus not eating properly and not related to anxiety.

I have anxiety alot and the flashing lights thing never happens because of the anxiety.
|

replied July 9th, 2012
happens to everyone. and they're called floaters. you can just google "floaters". it's nothing serious.
|