Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Seeing shapes in peripheral vision

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Whenever I focus on something, small shapes in my peripheral vision will appear bright and flashing - as if I'm unable to see them somehow. Let me give you an example as this is really hard to describe. If I'm looking at a white wall with some darker spots on it, the spots will appear normal for a second and then many of them will turn bright (unless I'm looking straight at them). Moreover, I have been seeing bright/black dots (not floaters) in or close to my line of vision for many days now, which for some reason are especially noticeable when I move my eyes. My ophthalmologist suggested I see a neurologist as everything seems fine with my eyes. He also thinks I should have a brain MRI. A relative of mine, who is a doctor, believes this to be psychosomatic. Truth is I have been over a lot of anxiety lately.
I have three questions. Should I consult a neurologist, or even a psychiatrist for that matter? Does the brain distinguish one shape from another? And do you think this is enough of a reason to have an MRI scan? baffle Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|