Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Seeing floating black dots

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
The past 4 months I have been attacked by, what I call the eye insects. They just happen at any time. Not a daily thing and not more than once a day when it happens. I know theese are not floaters as I have some. I know what floaters look like.

I will try to explain theese dots now. All of the sudden in my entire range of vision it looks theese black dots squirming arround like insects crawling about. I do not feel dizzy or faint but notice a feeling of increased preasur in my head. It does not make my eyes hurt. The attacks will last for about 30 seconds to a minute.

Besides the "see your doctor" what do you think this could be. I am makeing an appoint anyway soon.

Thanks

-Del
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2009
i have the same thing, but i notice that it happens everytime i do a spontaneus physical excercise(eg. handstandes, backflips etc)
|

replied October 6th, 2009
I have the same thing, and it mostly happens when I move to quickly or am doing something strenuos.
I have had my eyes checked twice and they said I was fine, but I do have chronic sinuitis so I just figured it was from that since the two docs said my eyes were healthy.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
Seeing black dots and feeling light headed
I have the same thing, however when i see the black dots i feel light headed and sometimes very close to fainting. I have went to the doctor and they did all kinds of blood work and found nothing wrong with me. I would really like so help! This has been happening for over a month now. ANY suggestion??
|

replied March 26th, 2010
I believe we are seeing small bulges in the blood vessels in our eyes in response to a blood pressure surge (i.e. from headstands or hard exertion). I see it if I cough really hard. I don't know if this is a dangerous thing when it happens occasionally. Think of it as comparable to a throbbing vein in your arm after a workout.

Still, I've not found anything official on the subject. It's all my own speculation.
|

replied April 11th, 2013
I have a few tiny black spots i see in my left eye. they seem to float around. It is very annoying!! I also feel light headed from time to time...what could this be?
|

replied April 14th, 2013
Hi, i have dots and lines like hairs in my eyes all the time, had this for years now not really worried me.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.