Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Seeing and hearing things before falling asleep

So a couple nights ago when I was falling asleep, I had a weird thing happen. I was in a half sleep state, and I saw a hand come over my face. It had something in it, but I'm not sure what it was. As soon as I saw it, I woke up, But to my surprise... there was nothing in my room. This has been happening the last couple of weeks, but with different things, like sometimes I hear noises, and then some times I'll here Voices. Like last week I was in my Half sleep state, and I heard someone yell "Hey!" even though my house was empty. Am I crazy?
Can someone tell me what the problem may be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2010
crazy things
kind of the same thing happens to me...i see CRAZY things and often hear voices calling my name...but its hard to open my eyes...once i do open my eyes it all stops and i start to fall asleep and it all starts again. it doesnt happen every time i fall asleep. mainly only when im extrememly tired and cant help but to fall asleep. its a battle trying to stay awake...i would love to know what is causes this..its been happening for years
|

replied October 30th, 2013
It happens to me the exact same way. When im extremely tired. I jear voices, loud, like theyre yalling at me or talking to me, but i never remember what they say. And ive had sleep paralysis all my life, and everytime i hear the voices i get paralyzed. I have to fight to stay awake, i even see things and people at times. Really freaky
|

replied October 17th, 2010
Don't worry about it
I have news for you friends
Look up Hypnagogic Hallucinations
You are not crazy, you may have general anxiety disorder, or something related, maybe not though. DO NOT FEAR. Hypnagogic Hallucinations, although they sound weird, are just the state where your mind is awake but your body is asleep. Its almost like you are dreaming and you know that you are dreaming. It can be troubling but some people experience it every night. Whatever you do, don't fear, relax
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2010
Experienced User
Oh yeah, I know what your talking about.... its creepy but i think its just your brain playing tricks on you... sometimes ill be lying there and ill think something hit my bed, or jumped on it.. but its just me jolting myself out of a half asleep state. sometimes i think i hear thinks or see things too... i thin kits just that your half dreaming it but with your eyes still open.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Fun falling asleep
I see what looks like real people in real situations. I can look around the room that they are in and zoom in on their faces. Sometimes I see very fast paced cartoons in vivid color, and sometimes in black & white. They are quite amusing and unique. I have become very good at prolonging this twilight sleep, mostly for the entertainment. I love it.
|

replied August 11th, 2012
why do i see 3 c in my head
latly i iam seeing these 3 c or half moons in my head every time i think or close my eyes i see 2 c or half moons whatever they are am i going crazy
|

replied August 13th, 2012
I've had similar things happen to me, I think its just the start of a dream. Then you are startled awake by the dream and it seems like reality. That's just my thoughts.
|