Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Scratch inside vagina - yeast infection ?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
User Profile
4 days ago me and my b/f were messing around and he got really rough and gave me a nice scratch on the right wall of my vagina. Up to about 2 days after that, the scratch stung a tiny bit after I went to the bathroom or if I sat on something funny. Now today I've noticed that it has had a pretty strong odor and I wonder if when I went to the bathroom my urine infected the scratch. I've gotten a couple scratches before and they cleared up by this time or they didn't bother me so I'm a bit concerned. If I do have a yeast infection, is there something I can do to fix it other than go see a doctor? Is there a medicine I can buy at like Stop and Shop or CVS or something?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile first_time_BC_user
|

replied November 5th, 2009
Hi,

I think it is better for you to consult a doctor first that is to gynecologist and then go for some medication as, before that please wash it with some disinfectant or use some anti fungal cream.

Thanks!
|

replied November 7th, 2009
A scratch might make you a little more suseptable to a yeast infection just because you've kind of worn down your area there and made it a little raw I would guess but most likely it's not a yeast infection from a scratch but an actual infection. A bacterial infection from your wound.Yeast doesn't usually have a smell. Bacteria does. Also urine is sterile when it leaves your body so that's probably not the source of the bacteria. I would say go to the doctor and let him/her take a look and probably give you an antibiotic. And tell your b/f to take it down a notch.
|