Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenic or Psychosis

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
I have a friend I am concerned about. He claims the world is coming to an end, and that he's the one who is the next messiah. He says that he's the "Man of God" and that he will be King of the world. He has plans on how the world will be taken out, how he's supposed to rebuild the world, who will live and who will die. Things he says are NOT Biblical and I discuss with him that the things he tell me are not in the Bible but are to fit his agenda. He says he talks to God and that he can ask Him any question he wants to and God will tell him the answer. I told him I think he has some kind of psychosis going on but don't know what's really wrong. He doesn't believe anything is wrong with him, but people who know him are really worried also. Do you think he has some kind of Schizophrenia going on or some other form of Psychosis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|