Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Choice Forum

Scared to have an abortion

I was scheduled to have a surgical abortion today but was to scared to take the misoprostol 4 hours prior. I was looking over the side effects and thought it might be dangerous for me because I have heart related problems. So, I called my cardiologist office to enquire about the med. The nurse said that I could take it but probably should not drive. I called the abortion doc, 3 hours before my apt. and told her my concerns. She was noticeably irritated. She said it was too late for me to take the medication now for the abortion today and that I would have to reschedule. She accused me of lying and asked me for my cardiologists name and number. I gave it to her. When I talked to the receptionist 15 min. later to reschedule, she said that the doctor had called my cardiologist and said that I was getting an abortion and discussed the medication with him.
I am so humiliated that I am never going back to my cardiologist again.
I cried for the better part of the afternoon.
I have to go back there in a few days for the procedure and I am scared out of my mind. I am concerned that my doctor has emotional problems. I also asked her if I could take advil for pain relief instead of the pill she gave me that was similar to advil and she again got upset and said that I could take the advil but I had to immediately return the Naproxin that she gave me if I was not going to use it.
I googled her name and found that she had very bad reviews from many other patients. At least I'm not alone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Just going through old messages on here, hope you are doing okay, Rochelle. I am not sure if you had the abortion as you did not come back on here and post. I hope whatever happened, that you are okay and at peace.
|
Did you find this post helpful?