Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Scared i could've messed up my vagina from wiping too much

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
This morning, i had the normal clear odorless (somewhat sticky?) discharge. But i think ive been wiping my vagina too much with toilet paper bcoz of the discharge and when i got home, i peed, wiped my vagina using toilet paper and found the discharge with some blood? Like its color pink? Could it be possible i got my vagina irritated from wiping it too much with toilet paper? I wore panty liners too see if im going to bleed hard, i noticed only like 2 spots. Then i changed it again, now it seems that it stopped already.

Im really scared, i could have messed up my vagina Sad

Pls help Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Intermenstrual bleeding or midcycle bleeding could be due to breakthrough bleeding, hormonal derangements, thyroid hormone imbalances, ovulation bleeding, implantation bleeding, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, infective causes, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Wait and watch for your next periods. Observe your periods/menstrual cycles for next 2-3 cycles and report any abnormality to your gynecologist/obstetrician. Go ahead with further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate would be started to help you regulate your periods (based on examination and investigation results). If you are sexually active and if infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.