Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

scared for my life thinking i'm gunna die everyday...

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
hi everyone im new to this but about 6 or 7 months ago i have been diagnosed with anxiety, everyday i worry about my heard, i shake and tremble, i have headaches all day, my mined just races and races, my body vibrates, im always worry, and nothing feels real, its like everything everday is just dreamlike... i looked up on the internet for anxiety symptoms, i had almost all the symptoms, if there is anyone out there with these same symptoms would be awesome to talk to you cause im scared for my life thinking im gunna die everyday.. please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2012
I have terrible anxiety, it has been a daily struggle for me since I can ever remember.. and it increasingly got worse as I got older. The best advice my therapist gave me was 'why worry about what you have no control over' ..he basically said that you do not have control over anything but yourself. You cannot control other people or situations, at best you may have influence, but you do not control. You CAN control your anxiety if you have healthy ways of releasing that anxiety. The one thing that works for me is stretching in the morning. It makes my body feel better and it definitely calms, relaxes me and helps me get my day started.
If you really think about it ... what is the point in worrying about your anxiety.. that is not helping, it is only making it worse.
Hope this is helpful!!
|

replied January 6th, 2012
Experienced User
I agree with the above reply- there is no point in worrying over things you have no control over. Daily worries are not life threatening, however anxiety can make even little things feel like they are. I know you feel like you're going to die, but trust me, you will not. You just need to learn to be calm and in control. Trust me, I am a worrier. I stress over everything, all the time. I find though, that I need some sort of release in order to get over my worrying and start feeling healthy and productive. For me, it's meant actually DOING something about whatever I worry about, if at all possible (i.e., start studying if I need to, actually go out and get something done, instead of sit and worry); that way, instead of worrying, I take action. It has also meant talking things through with someone close- friend or relative. I talk to my dad or best friend all the time, it's therapeutic. For you, this might mean talking to a counselor or therapist, a good friend or other trusted person. I also try to take up hobbies, or even just listen to music or do yoga, which really calms me down and makes me feel stronger, not just physically, but mentally. It might seem simplistic, but yoga is the ultimate stress reliever- it can make you feel like you are in control of your mind, and therefore life, by allowing you to let go and regain focus.

I'm not a trained psychologist or doctor. And, no body knows what you're going through better than you do. I would recommend you talk to a therapist (there are sliding scale clinics that offer therapy at affordable prices, too, if cost is an issue), and get your thoughts/feelings out; it's always a great start. I don't know what you've been through in your life, or if there are any serious underlying causes of your anxiety. For these reasons, it's best to start off by talking things through with a therapist, and take it from there. And, try, if possible, to take simple steps, like exercising, talking to a therapist, taking up hobbies, etc., instead of simply relying on medication, like some people do. Again, it may be up to a therapist to assess you fully, and give you some good advice. All the best to you.
|
Users who thank ciao77 for this post: tattooguy 

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2012
ya i am going to an anxiety and mood program on the 20th to talk to a therapist and a big group of people that are going threw the same thing as me, im just tired of this pain and horrible thoughts and nightmares i have been having, after 20 years it just decided to creep up on me, use to be a happy guy loved going out and doing stuff worked out everyday, just like you guys said gotta get back to doing that stuff one step at a time, thank you lots for the advice helps me to talk to someone that is having anxiety like me.
|

replied January 16th, 2012
You know what helps me? Smiling. Trust me I know how stupid it sounds, smiling when you have the sudden all encompasing fear and dread, worry and bizzare feeling that nothing is right. But it actually works, just smile and think of something pleasant, like a pretty ex or a sandwich, and the anxiety doesnt last as long. If you keep it up, pretty soon it barely lasts more than a few moments. Hope it helps.
|

replied January 20th, 2012
Experienced User
Tatooguy, it's great to hear that you are going to the anxiety and mood program- it can help you regain focus and calm in your life. Remember, everything in life is a process; take it a step at a time. Things add up- so give yourself credit for the small improvements you make. They may seem small, but really, even taking a small step in the right direction is a big deal.
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
Hi I have health anxiety since 7 month now it all started when I was diagnosed with testicular calcification and it all went mad afterwards thinking its cancer after I read about on the Internet my doc referred me to a urologist which gave me an appointment after 2 month I didn't cop with that so I went to private doctors spent 5000 on doctors just to get an answer that it's fine and it won't harm you during the investigations they found Have spleanomegaly which later decided its bec I have beta thalasemia trait which I don't believe its the reason since that I've been living in a 24/7 panic attack with all sorts of pain and thoughts that I have this disease or that started with the abdominal then the chest then the head I've had so far done about 25 blood tests and 3 chest X-rays 10 ekgs colonoscopy gastroscope 4 echo dobler cystoscope and I'm having this Saturday MRI for the brain spinal and the lungs bec my latest believe that I have a lung cancer which I'm experiencing all sort of chest pains with left arm and upper abdominal pain. Oh and I have a peptic ulcer. I just wanted to tell you that you r not alone in that I feel sorry for my wife that she have to put up with all that and my son that I'm missing too much from him with me too busy surfing the net for diseases that I might have or I think I have. Being like that for the last 6 month is really exhausting I don't know what to do really. I hope you won't go to the stage I'm in at the moment and don't worry your not alone
|