Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Scared and unsettled in morning

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I have been feeling scared and unsettled in the mornings. I have a mild squeezed feeling in my chest and lot of negative thoughts cross my mind all the time. I feel slow to do things and has to try really hard to get my self going. I feel anxious and lack in confidance. How can I handle this condition and feel free?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2009
Anxiety and Stress Answer A8121
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum

The feeling of chest squeezing, lot of negative thoughts, lack of confidence, and slow in doing things and having to try really hard to get yourself going, point more towards depression.

The treatment is by Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) with or with out medication. This includes muscle relaxation training, breathing relaxation training and gradual exposure to situations that cause you to panic under expert guidance. Stress can be reduced by adopting yoga in daily life. Also sessions are held to understand your thought process that leads you to panic.

You need to consult a clinical psychologist for assessment and may need to consult a psychiatrist too. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.