Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

scar sensitivity

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
When I was a child, I had surgery on my chest, and there is an approximately 4 inch scar running down my chest. The thing is, I absolutely cannot stand to be touched on the scar. In fact, there were times during m childhood and even teenage years when my chest would turn brown around the scar because I wasn't washing the area thoroughly. It was just so unpleasant to touch. Even now I can't even rub my fingers in the area, but I use my palm to wash it.

When I am touched on the scar, my body reacts by pulling away. It doesn't hurt, or tickle, and I don't even know how to describe it. Its just an EXTREMELY unpleasant feeling.

Is this normal? Is there something I can do about it?
Is it perhaps mental?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 25th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?