Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

scab won't heal

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hello all Very Happy ,
I am new here and hoping you guys can help me. For about 1 1/2 years I have had a very small bump on my left inner thigh scared scared . It is about the size of two small grains of sand placed together (but is a perfect circle) and flesh colored. In the middle of it, it keeps making a scab (the size of one grain of sand) which is dark brown. If I pick at it, the scab comes off and some stuff comes out with it. It leaves like a little crater, and it bleeds very little, and then begins to look like it's healing. Within a month it's right back to feeling and looking like the way it was before looking . I have only pulled the scab off twice, because it's painful to do, and each time it comes back with the same rough scabby thing (which forms on it's own, and is not due to me picking it). Any ideas what this is? I do not carry medical insurance, so I can't get a medical opinion unless absolutely necessary. Basal Cell Carcinoma runs in my family, but everyone has always gotten this on their face and is over 60-years-old Shocked .

Thank you so much for helping me Wink .

*Brioli kiss
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Brioli
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
A skin growth that bleeds easily or does not heal well may suggest basal cell carcinoma.

Does this black lesion has pearly white translucent quality on the periphery?
Did the bump change the size slowly over the period of year and a half?
|

replied August 21st, 2008
Thankyou for responding MandMs.

I wouldn't say it bleeds easily, because it only bleeds a very tiny bit, and that is when I actually pull the scab off. It has not gotten bigger at all, it is the exact same size it was when it first came up. I can also tell you it's doesn't have a pearly white translucent look around it.
|

replied January 30th, 2009
Skin bumps
I have the same exact bumps. My dermatologist looked at them and said it was something that couldn't heal. It wasn't even very thorough but he said to but some cortaid on it to thin it out. The scab part is the freakiest and you always resort to ripping it out. (This is a complete long shot but I sometimes wonder if they are some type of skin cancer from using a laptop on your lap so much.. a complete idea but you never know )
|

replied May 28th, 2009
never healing scab
i have the same problem but mine is on my chest between my neck and shoulder,I have had it for about 4 years,cant get a straight anser
|

replied June 18th, 2009
I have this same problem, does anybody know what this is??? It has been over a year for me. -RM
|

replied October 15th, 2009
me too
me too, antibacterial soap and neosporin after removing scab, got rid of it, recurs occasionally, but I nip it in the bud

still have no clue what it is though
|

replied May 29th, 2010
i have the same thing on my upper left thigh. It has been there almost a year now, and does the same thing. I was reading in my REDBOOK and it showed a picture of squamous cell carcinoma. It looks almost exactly like that the same descrption. "Red, crusted patch; a sore that doesn't heal: a small, red, round tip"
Has anyone figure out what this is for sure? I am scared because my Dad was exposed to agent orange and said this is a cause of it.
|

replied May 6th, 2011
Possible answer
Check out Molluscum Contagious - most common in kids, but adults can get it, too. This type of rash, caused by a pox virus, just has to run its course - usually 6 to 9 months (but it can last up to four years)! It can be such a "p.i.t.a.", because it easily spreads on the skin. My son's pediatrician suggested retina cream on spread on the rash nightly. The bumps /rash actually have to become irritated before they go away. Good luck!
|

replied May 29th, 2012
I have a smattering of them on my left shoulder blade. It started out as a red patch of skin when I was a baby, then grew into one, which formed other smaller ones around. My dermatologist calls them "birthmarks". They seem to bleed all over my clothes at times, and are larger then yours. 13 years and they still haven't healed.
|

replied June 10th, 2012
I also have one of these to your exact description, it has been there months and wont go it's a perfect circle really small and a smll black scab keeps coming back in the middle of it, i also had a laptop burn near it from having it on my stomach if that is a coincidence...
|

replied January 5th, 2013
scab and lump lower shoulder on my back
I have a scab on my back below my shoulder which sometimes burns causing itching i also have a lump in the exact same place on the other shoulder??? Does anyone have any idea what they are and what i should do?
|

replied May 27th, 2013
same..
Ita crazy samething with me but I have it smack in the middle of my forehead my dermatologist has tried to freeze it off and it just takes layers off then it grows back. I've started putting garlic on it and a band aid and its working a lil bit. Email me if u kno anything.. d

thanks
|

replied April 7th, 2014
I have a place at inside corner of my eyebrow that I had some gel type paint remover splatter on that turned into a sore, almost like a scrape looking area. It is about the size of a pencil eraser. It will begin to scab over and then goes back to being raw. Do I need to go to the MD, or are there any suggestions you have to get it to heal ? It's been a month.
|