Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

scab in nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
I'm sorry I'm not trying to be gross.

For a few days now I've had a sore like scab in my nose on the leftside. It hurts and itches. My nose always feels like I have boggers (not sure what's the proper word) in them. In the morning i blow my nose and there's always blood. It's really bothersome especially when i'm at work. What can this be? Has anyone experienced something like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ses63
|

replied July 12th, 2008
I've been having similar issues. My right nostril feels really dry and I get what looks like dried up blood out of it sometimes, and there is also bleeding when I blow my nose. I've been wondering what it is and I tried using a neti pot which helped a little but after not using it for a week the symptoms returned. My nostril always feels like there is some kind of hard mass in it and it's really annoying.
|

replied April 6th, 2011
i have the same symptom but its in my left nostril neosporin seems to help moisten up the scab and makes it easier to blow my nose but after a day of not using it it goes right back to the same thing. but i found that using face wash (just rub it on the outside of your nose at the opening)helps with the dryness and the itching some.
2thumbs
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2008
Supporter
yeh i know. i'm catching one in my right nostil now. i hope it's not some sort of infection. it's very annoying. i wish there was some cream i could use.
|

replied February 13th, 2009
solution
if you buy a humidifier (i can't spell) it should help, the reason you get scabs in your nose is because the air is to dry when you sleep, this should help
|

replied July 10th, 2009
scab in nose (sinus)
use saline solution to spray into nose, can use it several times a day, i get this and its from sinus and dryness. the name of the saline solution is "Ocean".
|

replied October 6th, 2009
if you find yellowish or golden scabs in your nose, maybe it's impetigo. sometimes, especially when you're around and handling babies or pets a lot, you might scratch or even pick your nose w/o thinking about it, and spread something into your nose. otherwise, it's something else.
|

replied June 1st, 2010
scab up nose
j have had a golden scab up my nose it is very sore it has been ther for about 8 years now i have seen my doctor several times and he has said its nothing dont know what to do about it any ideas
|

replied November 10th, 2010
krafte wrote:
j have had a golden scab up my nose it is very sore it has been ther for about 8 years now i have seen my doctor several times and he has said its nothing dont know what to do about it any ideas

If it becomes bothersome, you may ask if he can prescribe you Bactroban for the inside of your nostrils or perhaps Neosporin.
|

replied December 7th, 2010
Scabs in nose
i have had the same thing for about 3 weeks.
it started on the right side then to the left.
it just started to smell on the third week.

thankfully nobody else can smell it!!

i blow my nose and they come out.
also in the mornings there is blood in my phlegm when i spit.
maybe the drain edge
my mother said it could be staph infection.
or just the climate change.
but thats the only thing thats wrong.
my nose feels very dry and itchy at times.
i use a cue-tip
in the mornings with diluted peroxide
it helps with the dryness.
also to suck up water in my nostrils.
(sounds sick but it helps)
the saline doesn't help it breaks open the scab and causes it to bleed.
what tooo dooo???
|

replied April 30th, 2012
what a beautiful poem.
|

replied July 15th, 2013
nose inside wound
I have scabies inside left nose, it quite for a long time, it getting dry & block with wounded skin, due to that I am snoring a lot with immidiate sleep, it has continued since last 7 to 8 months, is there permanent cureable, pls advise me
|

replied November 9th, 2013
Sorry to hear about your problem. Scabs in nose can be very irritable and painful. Often antibiotics also do not work that well as they could be ulcers in the nose and heal in their own time. Its advisable to visit doctors at Chicago ENT as they believe in full diagnosis on then patient. They also follow a comprehensive study with the best possible treatment for quick and prolonged cure.
|
Quick Reply