Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Saying one thing when I mean to say another

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
over the last three years, I've become aware that I will say one thing, but I mean to say another. Usually, what I say sounds very similar to what I meant to say as exampled this night when I said 'Feft' but meant to say 'Theft'. I had to repeat myself 4 times before I finally said it correctly, however no one noticed as I tend to slightly slur my words when I speak. Later in the night I tried to say 'Grand Theft Auto' (as in the game) but instead said 'Rockstar Games' which is the maker of the game. In both instances, what I actually said was related/similar to what I actually wanted to say although one sounded similar and the other sounded nothing like what I wanted to say. I am dyslexic. I don't know if their is a speaking form of dyslexia, Ts or what, but this concerns me as the problem is growing more pronounced.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Make an appt with a neurologist...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply