Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

same pain afterwards pins n needles, also burning...

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
User Profile
hi i had carpal tunnel surgery done on my right hand which didnt go to good as i still experienced the same pain afterwards n the pins n needles also the burning stabbing pain i still get those symptoms now anyway over the past few days ive been getting alot of horrible pains in my shoulder on the same arm
just wondered if anyone else as experienced that Question the pain is really intense i was crying my eyes out sunday as the pain was so bad i have been to my GP who said its connected to my carpal tunnel syndrome
please anyone advice please

regards lisa
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper smr1945
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi lisanmaria: I am sorry for your pain...I have found that CT comes and goes...Sometimes it doesn't bother you as much as it did the day before...Sometimes I wear my wrist brace at night and other times I put it under my pillow and forget about it...These are the things that I guess that many of us have to learn to live with....

I have never had the surgery...Decided against it...However, I believe that I find much of my relief in typing with my hands lower than my desk...No strain on my wrists which, for me, helps...

If you go back to anyone it should be your Orthopedist who performed this surgery...He/she should be able to advise you on any exercises to take...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
hi caroline
thanks for ur reply really appreciate it
i have read on a few websites that the shoulder pain is connected to the carpal tunnel i was reading about one guy in the USA who like me as the same pain as described in his shoulder he was told that its connected to the carpal tunnel too
i have got to see my orthapedic surgeon next month i have phoned to see if he can see me sooner but unfortunatly he cant as his fully booked with appointments
the hand forearm elbow right upto my shoulder is hurting really bad the only way i can describe the pain is someones sitting on my shoulder n putting pressure on the rest of my arm n hand
anyway caroline thanks again for replyin so quickly
how r ur hands today..??
regards
lisa
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi again Lisa: I have never had the shoulder pain...Mine is mainly from my wrist down into the thumb and fatty part of my hand...Sometime the index finger will act up too...I have wrist braces here at my desk and one in the bedroom...Also have a thumb insert deal.....I sure hope that yours gets better...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 28th, 2011
Hello, Lisa,
I had carpal tunnel surgery 2 weeks ago. I had constant numbness in my hand for about a year which would get worse when I was playing tennis or simply reading the paper. So far after the surgery I still have constant numbness which gets worse after certain activities although it might not be as bad. The surgeon said be patient because relief could take some time. I never asked him but I also have pain in the shoulder I am lying on at night. I wake up and turn over but then pain occurs in the other shoulder. I did not ask the surgeon about this but maybe I should have. PLH
|

User Profile
hi plham
hope you are well and the healing is going ok....i had my carpal tunnel operation in march last year and being honest im still no better i still get the pins and needles weakness in my hand i get cramping in my fingers and like a burning stabbing pain....just to add insult to injury so to speak im getting a horrible pain in my shoulder according to my GP the pain is either to do with the carpal tunnel or it could be associated with people who get hand injurys that they put pressure onto the shoulder rather than the hand....which to me does not really make any sense
i have done some research on the internet thou n found alot of people that have had the carpal tunnel operation have got shoulder pain....mine pain as got bad its slightly in the side of my neck but my shoulder mainly....it hurts so much
do u get the shoulder pain during the day aswell as night time..??
hope to keep in touch speak soon
lisa
|

Dear Lisa,
Most of my shoulder pain is at night and is at the joint on the side I am sleeping on. I am sorry to hear that your carpal tunnel is no better. I really can't tell mine is any better 2 weeks after the surgery but I am hoping improvement will occur. PLHam
|

User Profile
hi PLHam
hope u will recover very soon....please keep us posted on ur progress
my pain is in exactly the same place right in the joint it hurts so much its like a hot burning pain it feels like im being poked all the time but does tend to get worse during the evening
i so miss doin artwork as i have had to give in...i did try again after i recovered etc but the pain just is unbearable
the GP is putting me in for physio on my shoulder hand arm hand but cant see it workin as ive had it before n done all the exercise etc to no avail i find it irratates it
anyway hope to speak soon takecare get better soon PLHam
regards
lisa
|

replied February 19th, 2011
after carpol tunnel surgery
hi folks,
I had CT surgery in June of 10 after a serious accident in July of 09. In june doc. removed steel pins in from my broken wrist and did CT surgery at that time. I have had two seperate rounds of hand therapy, which was mostly a joke. The tingling and pain, and numbness are constant and I still wear a pressure glove. Any one have any info I would really appreciate it. My best wishes to all my fellow suffers. I understand you pain.
SR Charlotte NC
|

replied March 4th, 2011
Thanks for posting everyone. I've been looking for a forum like this ever since I was diagnosed with CT in December. All of your honesty is therapy for me as I don't seem to get a lot of that at the surgeon's office. Thanks to all of you on this thread and others that I've read, I have decided not to have the surgery. I have been all over the internet reading the recovery stats of people who have had the surgery. Here and there I have read about how most people are still suffereing and the doctors will tell you that it can be cured. I would opt for the surgery if the pain and other symptoms would go away, as I have it both hands. It must be pretty bad for me already because my pain extends to my shoulders, arms, and neck now. I'm going to just leave it unaltered and take IB sometimes for pain and add more nutritious superfoods to my diet. I'm also going to make my heating pad and ice packs my best friend as I have come to realize that this will never go away. Thank you all for your comments and please update with any new information you might find. Have a pain free day!
|

replied May 21st, 2011
I had op on the 17th and I badly have pins and needles still in my right hand.I try nipping my fingers to ease the pain but nowt is helping also they have a heavy achy cramp feel to them. I had the left done last December but heeled great I do feel sad that pain I am experiencing now feels like it truly has not be fixed Sad
|

replied November 11th, 2011
Hi, I'm new on here but i also had surgery on both hands my right about two monhts ago and the left one month to no avail! Still left with tingley painful numbness and now with new problems! I just can't seem to win!
|