Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Salty-tasting fluid leaking from nose !!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
For the past 5-6 years I have had this happen to me. It started out just once in a while, but now it happens every single time I bend slightly forward.Have been to see GP TWICE-first one said it was not a wonder that more people did not have this happen to them as she thought it was over producing tear-ducts. She gave me an Nasal spray which, as you might have gathered by me being on here,did not do a damn thing to stop it. Second GP said it could be my allergies and gave me nasal drops and Loratadine to take,again a total waste of time plus the nasal drops dried out the interior of my nose and made it crack,bleed and hurt like hell....the leak still stayed the same-continiously leaking!!-(and I have not suffered from my allergies for years anyway,in fact I have been "allergy-symptom-free" for round 4 years(thank goodness!)). So I am still at a loss as to what this is but more so How do I find out what this is so it can be stopped? It is affecting my job as I work in a hospital and everytime I bend over a patient....I LEAK...embarassing to say the least!!! Can someone help me solve this??

maureen
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2010
Hi Maureen

I am having the same problem, do you have a post nasal drip with it too? My GP has given me everything but nothing stops it. They said it was allergies too but there is no pattern to it at all.

Have you tried that saline solution that you put in your nose, it washes it out apparently, not sure what its called.
|

replied March 29th, 2010
Cerebro spinal fluid
Check for CSF leak!
|